How to Play Online Roulette
Roulette was popularly played in Europe and America. Even though both game versions are called roulette, there are some variations a player needs to keep in mind. Let’s look at both the minor and major changes along with the rules of roulette.
European roulette has only a single zero, but the American roulette wheel has both a single zero and double zero. There is also a French roulette, but one can’t find much difference between the French and European roulette except for the fact they have a different layout and an additional interesting rule which states you receive half of your losing even-money pay off if your ball ends up landing on the number zero.
How to Play Roulette
Regardless of the variation, there are methods common to every roulette game. Here is how you play roulette:
There are 30 pockets in the roulette wheel. The player has to spin and watch the pocket the ball falls into when it stops.
Before the wheel moves, the players get to place a bet on a certain colour, number or sets of their choice. If their guess turns out right, they win. If not, better luck next time.
Here are a few things you should know about Roulette:
- Roulette is merely a game of chance, and therefore it is hard to predict the odds involved in a spin.
- There are various kinds of roulette chips available which come in different colours.
- As many as six people can sit on a standard roulette table.
- You can also make use of various bonuses to earn big.
Roulette is all about luck, so you can’t look for a strategy that will guarantee you winning. But in spite of this, there are things you can do which will increase your probability of winning.
- Progressive Betting: progressive strategy asks you to double your bet after every loss. This might sound like a stress to take, but new players normally tend to follow it. Another method is doubling your bet after every victory.
- Non-progressive Betting: In this, there are no progressive bets. Throughout the game, you are either asked to keep the bet the same or change it entirely after each round.
Here are a few rules you need to know to learn to play online roulette:
These bets can be placed on either a specific pocket or a range of pockets. Such bets provide better payouts, but they have longer odds. They are:
- Split: Here the bet is placed on a pair of inside pockets
- Straight: the bet is placed on a single pocket
- Street: you need to place bets on three pockets
- Corner: the bet is placed on a four square layout
- Six line: the bet is placed on two adjoining streets
- Trio: here, you can bet on the point between 2 and 3, 0, 1 and 2 or 00.
These bets are placed on sets and categories of pockets. They have worse payouts, but definitely better odds. These include:
- Dozens: these include 25-36, 13-24 and 1-12.
- 1-18: these bets can be placed on the first eighteen numbers on the wheel
- Red or black: Depend on the colour that the wheel will show
- Columns: bets can be placed on all the 12 numbers present on the three vertical lines.
- Even or odd: as the name indicates, the bet can be placed on an odd or even number
These bets are used in European and French roulette tables. Here, the bets are placed on specialized sections of the table that have certain names designated to them. These sections are represented by corresponding phrases and numbers on an ellipse.
These specialized bets include Tiers du Cylindre, Voisin du zero and Orphelins.
How to Win at Roulette
- Stick to the Outside of the Table
One of the best practices, especially for beginners, is to stick to the outside of the table. Yes, this strategy might not provide large profits for you, but it is much more consistent.
It is highly recommended to place your bets on odds/even, red/black or high/low. This way, you are able to minimize your chances of losing money, since you will be playing with 1:1 odds.
As said, this strategy would not guarantee a huge amount on a short game, but it could help you in saving big in the long run.
- Double Up
Follow this strategy if you are betting odd instead of even or black instead of red. Under this strategy, double the amount which you have lost the first time every time you lose. Further, do not change your colour combination, instead, continue placing the bet on the same combination until you win.
- En Prison Rule
This strategy is just a variation of the La Partage strategy which is applied to European wheels. According to this, once you lose a certain amount of money, you might have an option to "in prison" your original stake.
This way the stake you left on the previous stage is held by the croupier. If you win the next spin, your held amount is returned to you.